Ken Breen joined EBSCO Publishing in September 2010 as the Senior Director of e-book Products. He is responsible for developing and managing EBSCO Publishing’s e-book and audio book product and content strategy. Previously, Mr. Breen had been the Vice President of Business Development at Gale where he dealt with e-books and served in a variety of roles for 11 years including: strategic planning & alliances, rights acquisition & management, copyright & licensing and product management.
Mr. Breen’s experience with e-books began in 1997 as the Product Development Manager for City Directories at R.L. Polk & Company, an international, privately owned, consumer information company. In that role, he led the migration of Polk's infoTYME product (the electronic version of the print City Directory) from diskette to CD-Rom.
During his career Mr. Breen has been a featured speaker and a panelist at conferences including American Library Association Annual Conference and London Book Fair.
- Account Executive, Copyright & Licensing at Thomson Gale
- Product Analyst, Product Management at Thomson Gale
- Product Development Manager at City Directory, The Polk Co.
- Operations Director at Little Caesar Enterprises
- Sales Representative at Holton Computer Systems